Job Title: Spanish Language Marketing Intern
Reporting: Director of Communications
The Spanish Language Marketing Intern will be responsible for assisting with the growth of: Spanish marketing, social media, community relations and game presentation within the organization. In addition, the Spanish Language Marketing Intern will assist in the implementation of the overall vision and strategy as it relates to all Spanish Language social/digital/marketing media platforms.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Write and Translate Press Releases and Features for our soon to be launched TucsonRoadrunners.com Spanish language website.
- Post other updates related to: schedule, ticket sales and community relations to Spanish language website.
- Translate graphic, radio and television copy to be used for on-air by our Spanish Language Media Partners.
- Collaborate with creative development to coordinate the production of new collateral (video and graphics) for Spanish social and digital use.
- Create various graphics and campaigns to be shared on various Spanish social, media platforms.
- Ideation (creativity) to be shared on all Spanish social platforms.
- Finding and sharing emerging Spanish language social media trends.
- Assist with photography for game days, practice and other team events.
- Publish and manage photo galleries on team sites.
- Provide primary support for the development and implementation of marketing activation programs (both event and digital media activations).
- Coordinate daily with ticket sales and corporate partnerships departments on implementation of Spanish marketing initiatives.
- Work closely with Corporate Partnerships to ensure on-time accurate delivery of all marketing commitments.
- Work closely with Game Presentation to ensure all marketing-driven programs are fulfilled.
- Assist Marketing department leaders broadly in the execution of Spanish social media, community relations, game presentation and other Spanish marketing projects and programs.
- Develop weekly and Spanish monthly marketing-related status reports for distribution within the organization.
- Develop weekly calendar details for Spanish social and digital media schedules for distribution.
- Work on-location at various marketing and promotional events representing the organization and assist in the preparation and planning of such events.
- Photoshop skills will be a benefit for successful candidate.
- Assist with Spanish social media and Spanish digital media posting and campaign implementation.
- Actively formulate and pitch Spanish social media campaigns and strategies that align with organizations vision and mission.
- Work closely with Ticket Sales department to establish programs and initiatives that will grow the organization’s Spanish Language database.
- Assist with planning, writing and distributing organizational newsletters and correspondences with a focus on messaging and consistency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be fluent in both English and Spanish languages.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to execute strategy to tactical level.
- Strong knowledge of all social media platforms including, but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Tik Tok.
- Strong organizational skills, tireless attention to detail and strong written and oral skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to assist individuals of various levels and react quickly to difficult situations.
- Must be self-motivated with ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be creative in both content development and problem-solving.
- A passion for sports and knowledge of the sport of hockey are welcomed.
- Ability to work during office hours, extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Game day/night attendance at home games (36+) is required.
- Fluent in both English and Spanish.
- Internship hours will range from 15 to 29.5 hours-per-week.
- Must be available from October-June.