TUCSON ROADRUNNERS 5, SAN DIEGO GULLS 4
Shootout | 0:00 Remaining
Tucson (13-6-3-0) at San Diego (11-11-1-0)
Monday, December 26, 2016, 8:00 p.m. MST
Valley View Casino Center, San Diego, California
Referees: #42 Jake Brenk, #8 Ryan Hersey
Linesmen: #37 Brett Martin, #93 Greg McAlpine
AHL Live, iHeart Radio
TUCSON: G Justin Peters, D Dakota Mermis, D Jamie McBain, LW Garret Ross, C Tyler Gaudet, RW Mark Olver
SAN DIEGO: G Dustin Tokarski, D Keaton Thompson, D Nate Guenin, LW Kevin Roy, C Chris Wagner, RW Nick Sorenson
SOG - TUC 28; SD 27
PP – TUC 2/4; SD 1/6
1) TUC - Michael Bunting (7) (Kyle Wood, Conor Garland) 19:49
2) SD - Jaycob Megna (2) (Antoine Laganiere, Brandon Montour) 5:52
3) SD SHG - Ryan Garbutt (1) (Brandon Montour, Jaycob Megna) 7:07
4) TUC - Zbynek Michalek (2) (Christian Fischer, Chris Mueller) 12:07
5) TUC PPG - Chris Mueller (6) (Christian Fischer, Laurent Dauphin) 15:14
6) SD PPG - Kevin Roy (10) (Brandon Montour, Kalle Kossila) 1:27
7) SD - Brandon Montour (6) (Corey Tropp, Jaycob Megna) 11:25
8) TUC PPG - Chris Mueller (7) (Kyle Wood, Jamie McBain) 17:34
Round 1: SD - Kevin Roy (Miss), TUC - Christian Fischer (Miss)
Round 2: SD - Nick Sorensen (Miss), TUC - Laurent Dauphin (Miss)
Round 3: SD - Kalle Kossila (Miss), TUC - Kyle Wood (Miss)
Round 4: SD - Chris Wagner (Miss), TUC - Chris Mueller (Goal)
- Justin Peters leads the Roadrunners out for warm-ups. He is set to make his fifth start of the season and comes into the night with a 2-2-0 record with a .866 SV% and a 4.07 GAA.
- Hunter Fejes is the lone healthy scratch for Tucson tonight.
- Only one shot registered through the first five minutes of the game, that coming from Tucson. San Diego gets their first power play at the 4:55 mark without a single shot recorded yet.
- San Diego starting the game very, very slow. Tucson would be smart to strike early on a team that hasn't played a game in over eight days.
- The Gulls record their first shot of the evening at the 8:32 mark of the first.
- The Roadrunners' two highest quality shots through the first 15 minutes of the period have both come in shorthanded situations; Mermis and Gaudet.
- Tucson has succesfully killed off their first two penalties.
- Michael Bunting dragged down in the neutral zone while skating into a lead-pass. Roadrunners go to their first power play of the night with 2:31 left in the opening frame.
- With only seconds left in the first period, Kyle Wood wrists a shot on net which Michael Bunting redirects past Tokarski to give Tucson a 1-0 lead with 11 seconds left in the opening frame.
- San Diego capitalizes for a 4-on-4 goal to get their first of the evening.
- The Gulls take a 2-1 lead 1:15 minutes after burying their first of the night on a shorthanded tally that evades Justin Peters' vision.
- Zbynek Michalek scores his second goal of the season at the 7:53 mark of the second when his wrist shot from the point finds its way through traffic and past Dustin Tokarski.
- Chris Mueller gives Tucson a 3-2 lead with just under five minutes to play in the second when he pounces on a loose rebound on a Roadrunners power play, firing a shot past Tokarski.
LAURENT DAUPHIN - CHRIS MUELLER - CHRISTIAN FISCHER
GARRET ROSS - TYLER GAUDET - MARK OLVER
MICHAEL BUNTING - RYAN MACINNIS - CONOR GARLAND
LINDSAY SPARKS - TREVOR CHEEK - STEFAN FOURNIER
JARRED TINORDI - ZBYNEK MICHALEK
DAKOTA MERMIS - JAMIE MCBAIN
BRANDON BURLON - KYLE WOOD
- Michael Bunting gets to the front of the net to redirect home a Kyle Wood shot to give the Roadrunners the game's first goal of the evening with 11 seconds left in the first period.
- Zbynek Michalek wrists home the Roadrunners' second goal of the evening through traffic to tie the game 2-2 midway through the second period.
- Chris Mueller hops on a loose rebound during a Tucson power play to give the Roadrunners a 3-2 lead late in the second period.
- Chris Mueller nets the only goal for either team in the bottom of the fourth round, clinching a 5-4 victory for the Roadrunners.