TUCSON ROADRUNNERS 2, SAN JOSE BARRACUDA 5
Final | 0:00 Remaining
Tucson (15-8-4-0) at San Jose (16-8-1-3)
Saturday, January 7, 2017, 2:15 p.m. MST
SAP Center, San Jose, California
Referees: #19 Tim Mayer
Linesmen: #43 Steven Berry, #85 Steve Walsh
AHL Live, iHeart Radio
TUCSON: G Justin Peters, D Dakota Mermis, D Jamie McBain, LW Michael Bunting, C Tyler Gaudet, RW Mark Olver
SAN JOSE: G Mantas Amalis, D Dan Kelly, D Patrick McNally, LW Nikolay Goldobin, C Daniel O'Regan, RW Barclay Goodrow
SOG - TUC 35; SJ 33
PP – TUC 0/5; SJ 1/4
1) SJ - Colin Blackwell (2) (Unassisted) 2:14
2) SJ - Marcus Sorenson (9) (Nikita Jevpalovs) 7:59
3) SJ - Ryan Carpenter (7) (Joakim Ryan) 9:00
4) SJ PPG - Joakim Ryan (5) (Daniel O'Regan, Marcus Sorenson) 16:30
5) TUC - Stefan Fournier (1) (Trevor Cheek, Hunter Fejes) 5:45
6) TUC - Lindsay Sparks (1) (Mark Olver, Stefan Fournier) 10:59
- Justin Peters leads the team onto the ice in San Jose. For Peters, it will mark his seventh start of the season. He carries a 3-3-0 record with a .859 SV% and a 4.19 GAA into the affair.
- Filling in for the recalled Laurent Dauphin on the left side of the first line with Chris Mueller and Christian Fischer will be Trevor Cheek.
- Garret Ross slides back into the lineup today after sitting out Friday night's game in Stockton (undisclosed). Ross will play on the left side of Lindsay Sparks and Stefan Fournier on the team's fourth unit.
- Henrik Samuelsson looks to be the lone scratch today. Zbynek Michalek is out (undisclosed).
- San Jose's Colin Blackwell skates into a loose puck in the neutral zone, gains clearance and beats Justin Peters with a backhand move through the five-hole to give the Barracuda an early 1-0 lead.
- Justin Peters pulled after allowing three goals on five shots faced.
- Roadrunners begin to show some life near the end of the period.
- Adin Hill makes a big, big stop - with the help of pressure applied from a Jarred Tinordi backcheck, on a Barracuda breakaway with five seconds left in the opening frame to keep Tucson's deficit at three.
- Jamie McBain called for a penalty during the opening minute of the period; Roadrunners successfully kill it off.
- Barracuda outshooting Tucson 6-1 through the first 2:30 of the second.
- Tyler Gaudet gets the best scoring opportunity for Tucson thus far; can't capitalize on a one-on-one break on Mantas Armalis.
- Roadrunners get a five-on-three power play opportunity in the final minutes of the period.
- Chris Mueller has a questionable shot reviewed for a goal - deemed no good. Tucson still without a goal.
- The Roadrunners get on the board with just under 15 minutes left to play when Stefan Fournier drives to the middle, receives a pass from Trevor Cheek, and stuffs home his first goal of the season.
- Lindsay Sparks gets Tucson to within two with nine minutes to play, scoring his first-career AHL goal driving hard to the net and beating Mantas Armalis to the far side.
TREVOR CHEEK - CHRIS MUELLER - CHRISTIAN FISCHER
MICHAEL BUNTING - TYLER GAUDET - MARK OLVER
HUNTER FEJES - RYAN MACINNIS - CONOR GARLAND
GARRET ROSS - LINDSAY SPARKS - STEFAN FOURNIER
JARRED TINORDI - KYLE WOOD
DAKOTA MERMIS - JAMIE MCBAIN
BRANDON BURLON - DYSIN MAYO
- Adin Hill turns away a San Jose break with a left pad save to keep the Roadrunners' deficit at three early in the second period.
- Stefan Fournier handles a feed from Trevor Cheek and stuffs home the Roadrunners' first goal of the afternoon.
- Lindsay Sparks scores his first-career AHL goal, driving hard to the net for Tucson's second of the afternoon with nine minutes left to play in regulation.