TUCSON ROADRUNNERS 2, TEXAS STARS 3
Final | 0:00 Remaining
Tucson (21-14-5-0) at Charlotte (21-20-1-2)
Friday, February 10, 2017, 6:30 p.m. MST
H-E-B Center, Cedar Park, Texas
Referees: #90 Mike Langin
Linesmen: #30 Fred Hudy, #12 Carl Sasyn
AHL Live, iHeart Radio
TUCSON: G Marek Langhamer, D Jamie McBain, D Jarred Tinordi, LW Brendan Ranford, C Chris Mueller, RW Christian Fischer
TEXAS: G Justin Peters, D Andrew Bodnarchuk, D Nick Ebert, LW Denis Gurianov, C Travis Morin, RW Matej Stransky
SOG - TUC 27; TEX 26
PP – TUC 0/4; TEX 1/3
1) TEX PPG - Andrew Bodnarchuk (5) (Gemel Smith, Remie Elie) 8:56
2) TUC - Chris Mueller (10) (Anthony DeAngelo, Kyle Wood) 10:08
3) TEX - Matt Mangene (6) (Andrew Bodnarchuk, Gemel Smith) 5:25
4) TEX - Brandon DeFazio (15) (Travis Morin, Nick Ebert) 5:51
5) TUC - Christian Fischer (17) (Anthony DeAngelo, Anthony Duclair) 19:39
- Marek Langhamer leads the Roadrunners out of the tunnel and onto the ice at HEB Center, set to make his ninth start of the season, and his first since December 31 at San Antonio.
- Justin Peters gets the nod for Texas, making his third consecutive start with his new club. Peters has now started all three games in the Stars' net since his trade from Tucson on February 1. He is 1-1-0-0, stopping 49 of 53 shots faced with Texas.
- There don't look to be any changes made to the lines the team used Saturday night versus Charlotte at Gila River Arena.
- Brendan Ranford and Branden Troock are returning to the HEB Center for the first time since being dealt to Tucson on February 1.
- Tonight marks the Roadrunners' first visit to the HEB Center in franchise history.
- Chris Mueller rings a one-time attempt off the post just over three minutes into the game.
- Roadrunners held without a goal on back-to-back power play opportunities midway through the first. They register a combined two shots on both man advantage opportunities.
- Tucson successfully kills off its first penalty of the evening with five minutes left in the opening frame. Stars register two shots on their power play.
- Anthony Duclair hits the second goal post of the period for the Roadrunners.
- After Texas registered the first two shots of the period, the Roadrunners have responded with four consecutive shots of their own. Pretty solid back-and-forth tempo to open the middle frame.
- Texas capitalizes on their second power play of the evening midway through the second when Andrew Bodnarchuk hops on a ricochet puck off of a blocked shot and beats a displaced Marek Langhamer.
- Chris Mueller nets his 10th goal of the season less than two minutes after the Stars' opening goal. Receives a back-door pass from Anthony Duclair and buries his own rebound.
- Game delayed during the final minutes of the second due to an injury to referee Mike Langin. Final 63 seconds of the period played with two linesmen - one acting as a referee.
- Roadrunners outshoot Texas 13-4 during the middle frame.
- The final period is to be played with only two officials.
- Texas scores a pair of goals in a 26-second span to take a 3-1 lead early in the third.
- Christian Fischer buries an Anthony DeAngelo pass during the dying moments of the game to get the Roadrunners to within a goal with 21 seconds left to play.
- Tucson is outshot 11-6 during the final frame.
- Roadrunners suffer their first regulation loss to the Stars this season.
BRENDAN RANFORD – CHRIS MUELLER – CHRISTIAN FISCHER
MICHAEL BUNTING – LAURENT DAUPHIN – ANTHONY DUCLAIR
ERIC SELLECK – TYLER GAUDET – BRANDEN TROOCK
MARK OLVER – RYAN MACINNIS – CONOR GARLAND
(STEFAN FOURNIER – MITCH MOROZ)
JARRED TINORDI – JAMIE MCBAIN
ANTHONY DEANGELO – KYLE WOOD
DAKOTA MERMIS – ZBYNEK MICHALEK
- Chris Mueller jams home the Roadrunners' first goal of the evening.
- Christian Fischer buries an Anthony DeAngelo feed to get the Roadrunners to within a goal with 21 seconds left to play.