Job Title: Sales Department Internship
Department: Sales Department
Reporting: Director of Sales
The Tucson Roadrunners Corporate Partnerships Intern will assist with the day-to-day operations of Corporate Sales Department and will report directly to the Director of Sales.
This internship will focus on learning the strategy within the department and creating proposals, contracts and proof of performances. The internship will consist of sitting in on corporate assessment meetings and evaluations as well as learning all of the assets being assigned to different partnerships. Attention to detail and organization is a must for this seasonal role.
An ideal candidate for this position works well under pressure and can multi-task. This individual also has strong personal engagements and a positive attitude.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Will assist in handling the team’s larger corporate partnership portfolio.
- Responsible for game day duties and activations included within the fulfillment of sponsorship assets (executing promotions, implementing partner requirement and obligations).
- Assist Manager, Game Presentation and their team on game nights and on tasks pertaining to client tickets and service.
- Maintain day-to-day contact, fulfillment and renewal of corporate partners with focus on performance and upsell opportunities.
- Support Manager and activation team with handling team’s accounts.
- Ability to identify and develop new business opportunities.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Work to develop new business leads and solution-based platforms to help amplify partner’s brands.
- Represent Tucson Roadrunners at outside sponsor events.
- Coordinate the fulfillment of sponsor contractual obligations including media, signage, print, digital, social media, in and out of arena promotions, emerging demographic marketing, community relations, tickets, hospitality, etc to be used for sponsor recaps and sales proposals.
- Assist with any additional duties as requested by supervisors.
- Photograph sponsorship elements and assets during game for use in various capacities.
- Create mid-season and year-end partnership recaps.
- Manage excel affidavits, in-game tracking and in-market promotions.
- Assist other departments when requested.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Positive attitude, strong personal engagement and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Personality and a strong work ethic are essential to this role.
- Knowledge and experience in social media management a plus.
- This position requires the ability to lift 40+ pounds at various times.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Must be able to use Adobe Photoshop affectively.
- This position requires weeknights and weekends as necessary in addition to normal business hours, including attending all home games.
- Will work a maximum of 29.5 hours per week.
- Must be available from October-June.